Standard Guidelines for Building and Grounds Use
- Groups using Christ Church space are required to remain in areas specified in the agreement, and are responsible for keeping group participants confined to those areas. Failure to comply will void the rental agreement.
- Building and grounds should be vacated when approved time for use has expired. Renters may not arrive earlier than the scheduled time.
- Smoking anywhere indoors is prohibited at all times. Smoking is also prohibited on the property outdoors, extending toward the front sidewalk, parking lot, and driveways.
- Parking in the church’s parking lot is prohibited, unless specific arrangements are made with the church office. Posted traffic and parking directions and signs must be strictly observed. It must be possible at all times for vehicles to negotiate the entire driveway around the building. All fire lanes adjacent to the church must be kept clear at all times.
- Tables and chairs may only be set up and taken down by parish staff unless other arrangements are made. A fee will be added to the normal rental costs for this service.
- The use of alcoholic beverages without the express consent of the Vestry is prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages without permission will constitute a breech of this agreement.
- Doors may not be propped open. The front door may be left open, using the allen wrench, during the rental period.
- The indoor use of any kind of athletic equipment is prohibited.
- Thermostats may not be adjusted. Use of additional electric fans, air conditioners, heaters, etc. is prohibited without written permission.
- The kitchen appliances, dishes and utensils may only be used by special permission and when used will be cleaned in accordance with posted regulations. An additional fee will apply. The dishwasher may not be used under any circumstances.
- The maximum capacity of the spaces must not be exceeded.
- If keys are required, you must deposit $50.00 in cash with the parish. This fee will be returned when all keys are returned.
- Ongoing renters are required to pay the rental fee monthly, in advance. The monthly payment is due on or before the first day of each month.
- A security deposit may be requested, which will be returned to the renter upon completion of the renting relationship less any repair cost of damage to the space.
At the conclusion of the event, upon leaving the building:
- All lights and appliances are off
- All doors are locked
- Counters are wiped clean: are no crumbs or coffee cups left on counter, table or floors
- The floor is swept
- The room is to be returned to its condition before the meeting – this includes the arrangements of tables and chairs
- No food items is left on the premises
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH GUIDELINES LISTED ABOVE COULD RESULT IN TERMINATION OF CONTRACT.